Lists in Composity provide a way for you to group your Accounts in specific segments. Each list contains certain type of “members” related to your business — leads, contacts, suppliers, etc. — and are managed manually by the users. All Accounts in a list have the same page layout, type, custom information for filling in, analytic metrics, custom data and visible modules in the Account Profile.
There are 2 main types of lists you can create in Composity: Individual and Organizational.
How to create a new List?
- There are two ways to create new Account List.
- Click your user account logo in the right top corner. From the dropdown menu select Settings → Accounts → Lists. You will be directed to a grid with all created Lists. Click the + New green button for a new List.
- Or, wherever you are in the platform, use keyboard combination Ctrl + Shift + K and a search box will appear in the middle of the screen. Type List in the field and from the shown results select Account | List | New.
The type of information, contained in the field is displayed for every filed. It determines what type of data the user can enter into the field (alphanumeric, numeric, date, and so on).
Note: After making a change, the grey “Save” button on the bottom of the selected tab will light up in green. Every tab must be saved separately. To collapse the tab, click on the green button on the right, now named Close. This applies for each separate tab in Lists.
The option to organize tabs allows the profile to display only the relevant number of modules and hide the less used ones.
Composity Modules let you categorize and keep track of various aspects of your business such as Sales, Financial data, Inventory, Events, Documents and others. The modules in Lists are represented in the form of tabs of Activities, Projects, Orders, Invoices, Payments, Inventory, Documents, Consent for data processing and Custom Block.
- Choose analytics Category from the available ones in the drop-down.
- Give name to the analytic metric. It will be the visible name of the field.
- Set it required by the checking the check box.
- Remove fields from the Layout using the Trash icon (X).
- Change the order in which analytics metrics are displayed in the Account Profile by clicking on the up and down arrows.
- Ones an analytic metric has an entry in the field, you can no longer delete that field. You can only hide it from the layout. All entries will be still visible in the reports and in the relevant tables.
Tip: Read more about Analysis and Metrics.
- To create a new Custom data block click on the + Add new block button.
- Add Custom block title.
- Choose if users are allowed to add only one entry per filed in the block or multiply entries.
- Add new fields. For all of the fields that you add, you need to specify the following:
- Define the Field type - Text, Checkbox or Date
- Specify a name for the Field
- Mark if the Field is required
- Click Save
To edit Custom data block, click on the block's name. The fields in the Custom block will expand. After editing, click the right green button “Edit” at the bottom.
Tip: Read more about Custom data.
The default lists in the system are Contacts and Companies. You can create a new list, edit the existing ones, or delete a list.
How to add a new Account in a List?
When a new List is created it is immediately accessible by clicking on the Accounts in the left menu and then clicking on the name of the List you want to open.
- A page containing a table with all Accounts in this List will appear. Click + New green button for a new Account.
- Another way to add an Account is by clicking on the plus circle button located next to the company logo in the top left on every page. Selecting the name of the List you want to add an Account to.
- Use keyboard combination Ctrl + Shift + K . In the field type the name of the List you want to add an Account to. From the shown results select the result containing the List name and New.
How to delete an Account from a List?
You can delete an Account by selecting one or more records from the grid (table) by:
- Clicking on the drop down menu Actions and then choosing Delete.
- Click the delete icon in beginning of the row with the record.
- Open the Profile of the Account you want to delete and go to the three vertical dots next to the name of the Account. Select Delete from the drop down menu.
Still Need Help?
Send a request
Support Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm EET • +359 890 955 966 • Send a Support Request