Sales Module is the starting point for many business processes. The module follows businesses individual needs through flexible setting options - from a basic simple transaction, to a complicated, multi-step sales procedure.
The system personalization starts by defining the different sales stages. The documents reflecting these stages can be found in Settings, under Sales tab. The predefined available stages can be edited, deleted, swapped. One of the stages can be set to default - each new document will be created on this stage automatically, until a user manually changes the stage. You can set Status and Configuration of each stage.
- The preset stages and statuses of the sales documents are:
- Draft – initial sale stage, not corresponding with other modules in the system.
- Posted - the status of this document is Current and is used for direct sales. Most often the activated configuration is fully processed quantity from the warehouse.
- Archived - used after a certain period is complete and the document is no longer taken under consideration for current sales and reports. For example the archived documents could be those of closed fiscal year.
- In order to adapt to the structure of the company, below are some sample stages and work-flows that can apply to a more complex sales model. They can be configured in a similar or completely new way, using the following examples:
- Confirmed - configuration to reserve the quantities of items in the warehouse. The stage is suitable for orders where the sale is completed at another stage (e.g. "Completed" with released quantities from the warehouse). On this stage, the sale can be transferred to an invoice, a warehouse receipt or to the production, to release the reserved quantities from the warehouse.
- Processing – status of the document is current; follows the stages "Confirmed" order or "Draft" after being transferred to an invoice, warehouse receipt or sent to production. Under this status, a possible configuration is to partially process quantities.
- Completed – fully processed quantities. Used after completion of sales activities.
- Rejected – unfulfilled sale. The rejected documents do not correspond with other modules in the system.
For more convenience, filters have been added to the Sales module to load a list of records according the stage of the sales documents.
Create and Edit Sales Forms
Sales forms represent sales models (one or more) in the company - such as direct sales, services, online sales, freight forwarding, etc. The list of form types is accessed from Settings/General or Sales/Settings. From the list you can edit the system default form and add new ones. Also a Reversal form can be created.
Type in the form name - this name will be used internally by system users and must indicate the type of sale. Selecting Default Stage is optional - if the field is blank, the system-specified stage will be used. Next can be selected the stages that the sale will go through.
According to the specific company needs, different fields can be activated / deactivated to be available present in the Sales form. They can differ if there is more than 1 form. Determine which fields to display depending on the used device - mobile or not.(Full description of the available fields is in section Sales of Settings - Form Types.)
New Sales Order
A new sales order can be created from Sales module and also you can create a new document for any preset form. In every form there are predefined system fields:
|Customer||Search for the customer in the drop-down menu by name or VAT number. If it is a new customer, the entry can be created from the button in the top right corner of the customer section.||No|
|Document No||For sales, the number is automatically generated by the system. To define where to start the count in the sequence, go to Settings -> Sales and open Sales Sequential No.||Automatically Generated|
|Date||Document's date is the date of the transaction.||Yes|
|Description||Description is a required and editable field. Filled manually or automatically, from the description of the selected Item. Entering an item by Code and Name is not mandatory, as the company can provide services - in this case it is enough to enter a description only.||Yes|
To enter Measures, Taxes, Currencies, Payment Methods, Items, Locations go to Administration!
Actions related to other modules:
Sales Module corresponds closely with the following modules: Invoicing, Inventory, Purchasing and Manufacturing. For this purpose, the system provides the following options:
- Transfer to invoice: Creates a new invoice from one or more selected sales orders.
- Transfer to delivery: Creates a new inventory receipt from one or more selected sales orders.
- Transfer to purchase: Creates a new purchasing receipt from one or more selected sales orders.
- Transfer to manufacturing: Creates a new manufacturing order from one or more selected sales orders.
Just enter the Sales module, select the required records from the list, click on the "Actions" button above and select the desired transfer.
Still Need Help?
Send a request
Support Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm EET • +359 890 955 966 • Send a Support Request