Feature Release: Form types & Document stages
We are excited to announce that we have added two more new major features to the ever-growing Composity platform - Form types and Document stages.
These new functionalities will be implemented for all forms in the system, starting from the Payment module and form.
You can create custom forms layouts for each module in Composity, based on what you want a form to contain. Using the Form Types, you can add fields you wish to be available when a document is created or edited. You can create multiple layouts for a Module.
Document stages & workflow
Creating a new sales or inventory document for any employer requires a clear understanding of the flow of actions from one stage to another, till the time it is closed. As one document can be worked on by various team members, it is important to streamline the process to maintain consistency.
This is where Stages come into action.
Stages enable you to streamline the process of document creation, review, approval, and issued. Stages provide summary-level feedback about the progress on any document as it is going through the company usual workflow. With stages, you can define stages through which your documents need to go, add publishing approval rules, and do a lot more.
A stage can be one of the following three types:
- Draft - the systems don’t take in account the document
- Actual - the system operates with the document and the information provided in it. This stage type reflects on other documents across all Modules.
Here is how to implement it for the Payment module.
To create new Payment type:
- Go to Settings → Payments → Payment Form Type.
- Click on the green button NEW and choose Payment from the drop-down list.
- Specify a name for the new form type.
- Select the fields that you want to add in the form.
Only the workspace owner and users with admin rights can create stages.
For example you can define different type of forms for local vs. international payments. The difference between the two forms could be the availability of the fields Currency and Currency Rate. Enable only the fields you need and don't waste too much time on filling an necessary details.
Tailored payment cycle based on your type of selling.
Every company is unique. And as such, they all have unique workflows. Now you can set up your payment documents to have a standard process consisting of several stages with each stage having specific work items. Standard stages can be customized, re-positioned or created anew.
Composity provides you a standard pipeline that reflects the most common stages company used. You can customize this pipeline to eflects your business process.
Payments record view provides a visual stage progression bar.
- Change the Payment stage with just a single click.
- Users can also get to know the document current stage based on the color.
How to create a new Stage?
To create a new a stage for the Payment module follow below steps:
- Click on the Avatar icon and choose Settings.
- In settings page, click on Payments tab and go to Document stages and workflow.
- Click on ADD NEW ROW button to create a new stage.
- In the new row; provide a name to the stage and pick the status.
- The Default stage for a new document can be only one.
You can either add or remove stages based on your business need.
Once you have added your stages, they will be visible on every entry and edit page of the payment form. When a new document is created, let’s say in the Draft stage, the user can work on this stage and push it to the next stage.
- - - - - - - -
We hope you found this post informative. Keep an eye on this blog for more posts in the coming weeks.